Longman New Concept English by L. G. Alexander is a popular English language textbook teaching British rules of English. The course was first published on October 30, 1967. A later (1993) revised edition is also available.
The course consists of four components:
- The Students’ Book
- The Teacher’s Book
- A set of cassettes, on which the multi-purpose texts have been recorded.
- Another set of cassettes, on which Repetition drill in the Teacher’s Book has been recorded.
Book 1: First Things First
- Introductory title with 144 lessons
- 72 for normal lessons
- 72 for exercises
Book 2: Practice & Progress
- This book includes 96 lessons
Book 3: Developing Skills
At this level, there is less need for pattern control and be able to contextualize.
Now that the foundations have been laid, the student is in a position to cope with new sentence patterns as and when they occur.
- This book includes 60 lessons.
Book 4: Fluency in English
The materials were chosen from a variety of publications.
Nine of the lessons were selected from The Listener.
- This volume book 48 lessons.
Did you know that if you subscribe to our website, you will receive email notifications whenever content changes or new content is added.
1. Enter your e-mail address below and click the Sign Me Up button.
2. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your intention of subscribing to our site.
3. Click the link in the email to confirm. That’s all there is to it!
Then indicate you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Dialect Zone International