Longman New Concept English by L. G. Alexander is a popular English language textbook teaching British rules of English. The course was first published on October 30, 1967. A later (1993) revised edition is also available.
The course consists of four components:
- The Students’ Book
- The Teacher’s Book
- A set of cassettes, on which the multi-purpose texts have been recorded.
- Another set of cassettes, on which Repetition drill in the Teacher’s Book has been recorded.
Book 1: First Things First
- Introductory title with 144 lessons
- 72 for normal lessons
- 72 for exercises
Book 2: Practice & Progress
- This book includes 96 lessons
Book 3: Developing Skills
At this level, there is less need for pattern control and be able to contextualize.
Now that the foundations have been laid, the student is in a position to cope with new sentence patterns as and when they occur.
- This book includes 60 lessons.
Book 4: Fluency in English
The materials were chosen from a variety of publications.
Nine of the lessons were selected from The Listener.
- This volume book 48 lessons.