Dialect Zone International is an active center of information, cultural activities, recreation and learning. It is the policy of the library to offer a full range of library services to all residents of the community, regardless of age, sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or economic status.
To better serve all Dialect Zone International patrons/students, Dialect Zone International has established certain standards of acceptable behavior to maintain an atmosphere which promotes the use and enjoyment of the resources and services of the center and which protects the safety of the general public, the staff and the equipment and materials provided.
Any activity which interferes with the rights of other patrons to use the facilities, which could result in physical, emotional or mental injury to oneself or others, or could result in damage to the facilities, equipment, material or property and grounds will be considered disruptive and unacceptable.
Conduct not acceptable in or around the premises includes, but is not limited to:
- Engaging in any activity in violation of Federal, State, local or other applicable law or our policy.
- Behavior disruptive to the legitimate use of the premises. This includes disorderly conduct, noise or activity, whether intentional or inadvertent, that interferes with the rights of others, physical abuse, abusive or threatening language and misuse of Dialect Zone International’s equipment or furnishings.
- Any behavior that harasses or annoys others, such as staring at another person with the intent to annoy that person, following another person about the building with the intent to annoy that person, singing or talking to others or in monologues, or behaving in a manner which reasonably be expected to disturb others.
- Using audible devices without headphones or with headphones set at a volume that disturbs others. Using cell phones, pagers and other communication devices in a manner that disturbs others. Cell phone and pager audible ringers must be turned off.
- Any behavior that presents an eminent danger to the life or safety of others, including intentional non-emergency activation of alarmed exits or fire alarms.
- No person may carry any instrument which could reasonably and commonly be classified as a weapon or a dangerous instrument, or could be reasonably used as means of aggression or defense against another, into the premises or onto Dialect Zone International’s grounds, unless authorized by law to do so.
- Solicitation, gambling or panhandling, including distributing printed materials, signing petitions or conducting surveys not authorized by the library.
- Sleeping, except for young children under the supervision of the parent or caregiver.
- Neglecting to provide proper supervision of children.
- Smoking, chewing and other tobacco use in the facilities.
- Animals, insects and other living organisms may not be brought in, other than service animals necessary for disabilities, except as authorized by the Dialect Zone International.
- Using wheeled devices in our premises or on our grounds including, but not limited to: skateboards, roller-skates, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters and shopping carts. Exceptions include wheelchairs, walkers and strollers.
- Patrons are required to wear a shirt and shoes at all times. Patrons whose bodily hygiene is offensive as to constitute a nuisance to other persons, shall be required to leave the building.
- No person may use the lavatory (bathroom) facilities other than for ordinary and usual use. Bathing and laundering clothes are specifically not permitted.
Management has the discretion to discard personal items left unattended on the property in order to preserve a safe environment for other patrons, volunteers and staff.
All bags and other articles are subject to inspection by staff members. Dialect Zone International reserves the right to limit the size and number of items brought in.
Violation of Patron Code of Conduct:
In the event that a patron violates any of these rules, a staff member will tell the individual that his/her behavior violates the Patron Code of Conduct, and that it must stop.
If the individual continues the behavior, a staff member will inform the patron that he/she will be asked to leave, if the behavior does not stop immediately.
If the behavior persists, he/she will be asked to leave. If the patron refuses, the police will be called to remove the patron from the premises. Under no circumstances will a employee touch the patron in any way. The staff member who deals with the patron, and any staff members who witness the interaction, will complete an incident report.
A patron may be banned for a specific amount of time. This decision will be made by Dialect Zone International’s Director. Notice of the suspension will be mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the last known address of the patron or, in the case of a minor child, his parents or guarding. A copy of the letter will be kept on file.
Multiple activities violating the patron code of conduct executed by the same offender will be considered the second or third offense, even if the action is different.
Adopted by Dialect Zone International, July 2011.
Did you know that if you subscribe to our website, you will receive email notifications whenever content changes or new content is added.
1. Enter your e-mail address below and click the Sign Me Up button.
2. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your intention of subscribing to our site.
3. Click the link in the email to confirm. That’s all there is to it!
Then indicate you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Dialect Zone International