Reading is the process of absorbing the written word. Whether in English or another language, reading is an essential part of communication between human beings. Reading comprehension is the ability to process, think through and connect ideas that are expressed on paper.
Reading may be achieved through a variety of methods and techniques that best suit individual learners and students of all ages and levels. This reading basics course is designed to help students increase their reading speed as well as their ability to comprehend content, directions, and absorb materials for retention. Whether a student is taking this course to increase reading skills as a second or foreign language or by native English speakers wishing to increase their comprehension of a wide variety of materials, students will be introduced to different techniques and materials to do so.
Whether a student needs to increase his or her comprehension for work environments, pleasure, or school, styles of approach, engagement, as well as the potential of using a wide variety of resources and tools are explored in this course. From learning the basics of reading comprehension such as decoding and retention to understanding how vocabulary is created and using the Internet to improve reading skills, this course offers students a basic and solid foundation in reading multiple types of materials for a wide range of daily living scenarios and needs.
Understanding the difficulties that may face many students, as focused on helping students gain the most from their reading experiences, this reading basics course is designed to encourage students to excel in their reading adventures and endeavors.
- Students will learn beginning reading skills and develop a love of books. Your child will learn letter recognition, phonics, and sight words, and will learn to read simple words and sentences.
- Students learn to read independently. Your child will learn phonics and sight words, build comprehension, and gain the skills and confidence needed for success in first grade.
- Students will become fluent independent readers. Your child will make significant gains in phonics and word-attack skills, fluency, and comprehension, and will develop confidence and a love of reading.
- Students become strong independent readers. Your child will develop the comprehension, fluency, and long-word decoding skills needed to read longer books with ease, and will build confidence and a love of reading.
- Students make substantial gains in comprehension, long-word decoding skills, fluency, and reading speed. Your child will complete homework more quickly and easily, be more successful in school, and become a strong, enthusiastic reader.
- Students make substantial gains in comprehension while doubling reading speed. They also learn the best way to read textbooks, take notes, and study for tests. As a result, students complete homework more quickly and easily, get better grades, and enjoy reading more.
- Students double reading speed, make substantial gains in comprehension, and learn study skills. These courses offer excellent preparation for the SAT, ACT, and college.
- Students will transform their reading skills. they will double your reading speed in difficult material and triple your reading speed in easier material, while improving comprehension, concentration, and retention. As a result, they’ll save time and get more out of everything you read.