Throughout the year, students study neighborhoods, communities, customs and traditions.
To further enrich these skills, students will participate in this multicultural, It’s A Small – Flat World Flat Stanley Project.
I have been in contact with many wonderful schools all over the world.
Such as: America, U.K., Canada, Brazil, Australia, Spain, France, Taiwan, Japan, etc…
I plan to begin this project starting today September 30th, 2015, and it is very simple yet very interesting to do.
- Print out the Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley’s name will change to the student’s name)
- Example: Fred choose to participate, Flat Stanley will have a new name Flat Fred…
- Color Flat Stanley
- Cut Flat Stanley
- Write your English name as well as your Chinese name on the back of Flat Stanley
- Take Flat Stanley out for sightseeing anywhere you want
- Note: Make sure Flat Stanley is in all of the pictures you take (DO NOT PHOTOSHOP)
- Print out a real photo / picture 4×6 or 5×7 size (DO NOT print the picture on your printer)
- Write about what you and Flat Stanley did in the photo / picture
- Example: Write about your town / city, state, country.
- Example: What foods are interesting your town / city?
- Example: What places are interesting in your town / city?
- Example: What sports are interesting to you / your town / city?
- Example: What music is interesting to you and or listen to?
- Example: What is the weather like in your town / city?
- Example: What holidays are spent in your town / city, country?
- Example: What do people do you your town / city, country during the holidays?
- Example: What do people do in your town / city, country throughout the year?
- Example: Etc…
- Note: Write down the date and time you went out with Flat Stanley.
- If possible make a short video and explain where you and Flat Stanley are and what you are doing.
- Feel free to take additional photos / pictures from different angles.
- Hand in your Flat Stanley project along with any videos, information, pictures and of course Flat Stanley.
Remember, others want to learn more about China and it’s great culture.
We will be doing our project for a whole school year, so keep on traveling and taking pictures!
The person receiving your Flat Stanley will be asked to do the same thing, except for steps 1,2,3 and 4.
Don’t worry Flat Stanley will return back to you after his adventurous travel, so you can send him out again and start the whole process all over again.
Please take a picture of Flat Stanley in your hometown, or any places that you visit, including the date, location, and the student’s name.
You may also include any information or fun facts about the area that was visited.
You can be as creative as you would like to be with Flat Stanley.
You can dress him to reflect your climate, take pictures and tell us what Stanley did, send along souvenirs, etc.
For example, if Flat Stanley goes to Beijing, Flat Stanley may be seen standing in front of The Great Wall of China.
After completion, please hand in your information, videos and photos to your teacher only.
For more information please visit: http://blog.dialectzone.org
If you are interested please contact me and I will provide additional information, and help you get started right away.