As part of Dialect Zone International’s History Curriculum, students will begin to learn about different Cultures, Traditions and Holidays.
To further enrich these skills, students WILL participate in this multicultural, Happy Chinese New Year Project.
Monday, February 8
Year of the Fire Monkey
Chinese New Year 2016 – Year of the Fire Monkey
The students will write 4 (four) different letters, to 4 (four) different people:
- President Xi Jinping
- Nantong Mayor Zhang Guohua
- Nantong Vice Mayor Shen Lei
- Ambassador to the United States of America Cui Tiankai
I plan to begin this project starting today January 1st, 2016, and it is very simple yet very interesting to do.
- Print out a real photo / picture 4×6 or 5×7 size (DO NOT print the picture)
- Picture / photo must be a recent one taken within the last 30 days.
- Picture must be pasted/glued HORIZONTALLY
- Wish the person you are writing to a wonderful holiday season.
- Must be written in English, with some Chinese.
- Parents may help but MAY NOT write it for the child.
- Students may write some wonderful Chinese Poetry or Words of Wisdom.
- Be creative as you want to be.
- If possible make a short video and explain what you are doing.
- Hand in your Happy Chinese New Year Project along with any videos, information, notes, drawings, and the letter as soon as possible.
If you need any help, please ask Ellie, Nina, Lynette, Linda or myself at anytime.
Remember, it will take time to mail the letters to, therefore please understand that this project has to meet a deadline.
NOTE: The deadline to hand in your Chinese New Year Projects will be on or before January 10th, 2016.
I will not accept any Happy Chinese New Year projects after January 10th, 2016.
After completion, please hand in your information, videos and photos to your teacher only.
For more information please visit: http://blog.dialectzone.org